George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an integrated NEFF dishwasher S5443X2GB/42. The lower

I have an integrated NEFF dishwasher S5443X2GB/42. The lower level is not cleaning and the spray arm is not moving. I have hosed the arm through and it is clear. the filters are clear and the upper arm is revolving and cleaning normally. A cup placed on the upper level however takes > 1minute to fill. IS the pump failing or is there something else I could be doing?
Peter Thorpe
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how long this has been happening?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-3e86v45n- :

About 3 days, worked fine before, nothing obvious has changed, I have cleaned all the filters and bits I can get to. I can't understand if its a pump problem why the top arm is still rotating and cleaning.

JACUSTOMER-3e86v45n- :

Peter

George-Allsorts :

At the bottom, and part of, the heater, is a water distributor or Flow Control Meter... This distributes the water to top, bottom, or both rotor arms... Either this has gone faulty, or, if your dishwasher has the facility to switch it to 'Top Only', the his may have been switched.

Check your manual to see if the dishwasher has this facility... Alternatively, you'll need an appliance engineer to attend to the problem.

George-Allsorts :

It is very unlikely that you have any food debris circulating in that area to cause the problem.. but you could try a cleaner

George-Allsorts :

It is really not an easy job to deal with this type of heater.. However, an experienced appliance engineer could possibly solve the problem with the water distributor without the need to change the part (depending on the cause)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance given to you today

George-Allsorts :

Would you like me to advise you of an appliance engineer local to where you live?

George-Allsorts :

If so, please supply me with your postcode

JACUSTOMER-3e86v45n- :

Thanks for your help, I would appreciate a recommendation. Postcode PA34 4TL

JACUSTOMER-3e86v45n- :

Peter

George-Allsorts :

I have one that covers your area Peter:

Argyll Appliance Repairs
Dunoon
Phone: 01369702808
Mobile: 07967885902

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your help

You're vey welcome Peter