Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, I have an indesit IWD 61450 washing machine and the drum

Hi, I have an indesit IWD 61450 washing machine and the drum isn't turning. I've taken the back off and the belt is in place. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK are you happy to work on the motor?

Customer: Yes
Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly take the motor off and check the motor brushes and come back to me with what you find ~ Ian

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** in touch
Dales-Electronic :

OK would you now rate the service given so far this allows me to shut down the question whilst allowing all future questions to be answered on a free of charge of basis. ~~ Ian

Customer: Hi Ian, sorry mate, I have the motor off and to my untrained eye it looks ok, not sure what I'm looking for
Dales-Electronic :

OK if you look at it from the opposite end to the belt pulley, if you go to the other end you will see two plastic L shaped things that are screwed to the motor body with a single wire coming off them, can you see these?

Customer: Yes
Dales-Electronic :

OK pull the wire off one of these bushes and then unscrew the brush assembly and take it off, when you are off come back to me.

Dales-Electronic :

typo ~ have it off #

Customer: Ok thanks
Customer: Hi Ian, I have it
Dales-Electronic :

OK if you look at where the carbon comes out of the holder, how long is it from where it exits the brass holder ?

Dales-Electronic :

ie how much have you got sticking out?

Customer: At its longest, 5 mm
Customer: At its shortest, 2 mm
Dales-Electronic :

OK you need to replace them, you should have a minimum of 15mm more like 25mm of carbon showing, if you go to your local repair shop taking the one brush with you, match up a set and using the connected one as a pattern one by one replace them, put the motor back in and you should be good to go. Only thing is first couple of washes make them half load to bed in the brushes. Think you will be OK now just need to change these and you'll be good to go.

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now rate my service ~ if you need further info give me a ping ~ Ian

Customer: Many thanks Ian. If your watching the golf I apologise, she's on my case!!