Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Leisure HJA 5110. the clock/timer display has gone out. Cannot reset Fan oven an

I have a Leisure HJA 5110. the clock/timer display has gone out. Cannot reset
Fan oven and grill have stopped working but main oven is OK, can you help please.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK so let me get this right, the main conventional oven works but the fan oven and grill now do not?

Dales-Electronic :

Can you also advise if there is a product code starting 775 on the rating label as there are two versions of this model ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

Cooker is Leisure HJA5100.

Clock and timer display is off

Mains supply on

LH fan oven and grill do not work

RH main oven works OK

Gas hob all OK

Please advise

If you take off the back cover you will see clamped to the right hand side an in-line thermal fuse, check this first to see if it has blown - then come back to me ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will get the cooker out tomorrow morning and let you know then.

OK I will be around give me a ping when you start ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

OK, I took the RH rear back plate off and found what I think is the thermal fuse. I checked and it is open circuit. As a temporary measure I shorted it out and now everything works OK. I now need to replace the fuse but I am having difficulty finding a replacement on line. I will attach a photo in an email to you. Many thanks. Chris.

Chris, If you have a look on the side of the fuse itself it will give you a temperature value, go to your local repair company and they should be able to supply you with one with the same temperature, all you then have to do is replace it connecting it to the wires in place of the faulty one. If you want the original it comes with the cabling and will cost you extra ~~ Could you now kindly rate my service to you, this means I can close down the job but you can continue to ask further questions ~ Ian