George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

MY BUSH FRIDGE/FREEZERS FREEZER IS FAILING AND I NEED A SERVICE

MY BUSH FRIDGE/FREEZERS FREEZER IS FAILING AND I NEED A SERVICE ENGINEER?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give the model number of the appliance please.. You'll find it on the label on the inside of the fridge.

If you require a Service Engineer, can you also give me your postcode please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

HELLO ***** OF THE APPLIANCE IS BFFF55173BHANKYOU FOR REPLYING SO QUICKLY, THE NO OF THE BUSH APPLIANCE IS BFFF55173B.

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for waiting... Can you put your hand on the dome shaped compressor at the bottom rear of the fridge freezer and tell me if it is Cold/Warm/Hot

Customer:

HAD IT OUT TODAY AND WAS COOL.

George-Allsorts :

Can you take the trays out of the freezer and tell me if you can feel cold air coming from the opening in the panel at the back

Customer:

ITS COLD BUT CANNOT FEEL ANY FORCE OF AIR, BY THE WAY SOME OF THE FOOD IS STILL FROZEN, JUST, SUCH AS FISH VEGETABLES ETC

George-Allsorts :

Can you see any ice at all in the back wall inside the freezer... Look very carefully?

Also, is the fridge compartment cooling correctly?

Customer:

NO ICE AT ALL, YES BUT HAVE HAD TO INCREASE THE NO. TO 5

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell if the fan in the freezer is rotating... You should be able to hear it

Customer:

NO IT DOESNT SOUND LIKE IT

George-Allsorts :

Then this will be the problem... You will need an Appliance Engineer to call and replace the fan in the freezer if it is not working.

George-Allsorts :

If you let me know your postcode I can advise you of one who covers where you live

Customer:

SOUTHEND ESSEX UK SS0 7TF

George-Allsorts :

If the fan is working then the appliance may need regassing

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

There is only one listed for your area:

AMA Service
Benfleet
Phone: 01268750485
Mobile: 07790449449

-----------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer:

THANKYOU GEORGE YOUR A STAR.