Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a glowworm 30cxi combi boiler which was losing pressure

I have a glowworm 30cxi combi boiler which was losing pressure and was on 0.5bar. We opened the filler tap and the pressure increased to 1.3bar. We closed the tap and left the boiler for a while. I have now checked and it is on 2bar. It seems to be staying at this level and the boiler is working fine. Is this safe?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Yes this is normal, as the water heats up so the pressure increases and visa versa, even if you filled it too high there is a safety device that would either shut the boiler down or release some pressure. All is in order nothing to worry about ~ would you now rate my information using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job on the system but you can ask further questions on a free of charge basis later if needed. Have a good evening ~ Ian