Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My LG washer dryer is very noise when spinning is it the

My LG washer dryer is very noise when spinning is it the bearings
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you let me have the model number so that I can check whether it is direct or remote drive please ~ Ian

Customer:

F1403RD6 DIRECT DRIVE

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you open the door and just move the inner drum from side to side, turn it to the left and then to the right does it rumble?

Customer:

Yes it does

Dales-Electronic :

OK then yes the bearings are going, the job itself whilst time consuming is not too technically difficult and with an LG, worth doing. I cant say that for many brands these days. Are you thinking of having a go yourself?

Customer:

No,but will it be expensive.or cut my losses and buy a new one

Dales-Electronic :

Give me a moment and I'll check the cost of the bearing set.

Dales-Electronic :

OK the cost of the complete bearing set is about £26.00 this together with approx. 2 hours labour will probably set you back about £125-145. I have the same model at home which has given me outstanding service ~ personally I wouldn't think twice about it, I would have it repaired but obviously its your call. If you get a decent engineer he will warranty the repair as a matter of course. If you need the name of an engineer let me have your postcode and I'll send you some details, you can always ask for an estimate before you decide to go ahead ~ Ian

Customer:

That`s great, can i have a number for a engineer.

Customer:

NP16 5AZ postcode

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a moment.

Dales-Electronic :

Two companies here to choose from both do laundry equipment ~~ Steve Oakley RL Oakley & Son on 07814 205278 and Owain Milson SW Appliance Services on 01443 237775 ~~ I'd try them both get estimates and then decide where you want to go ~ would you now rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job on the system but gives you (once done) all further questions on a free of charge basis. Thanks for the question ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

If you cant read the phone numbers let me know, sometimes the system blanks them out ~ Ian

Customer:

Thank you Ian,have great day.

Customer:

Thank you Ian,have a great day