Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Zanussi ZBM 878 occasionally stops heating? The heating

My Zanussi ZBM 878 B occasionally stops heating? The heating element looks as though it needs replacing. Can you replace just the heating element on this model? If not is the Zanussi model ZBM 878 B still available or what is the equivalent replacement model?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly give me the product code from the rating label ~ thanks - Ian

Customer:

Prod No 94971071

Customer:

Prod No 94971071 Ser No 037 11371 Type A9657/133

Dales-Electronic :

Could you check the code again please it should be 9 numbers not 8 ~ Ian

Customer: ###-##-####/p>
Dales-Electronic :

Thanks ~ the heating element is available as a separate item are you referring to the fan oven element or the conventional element?

Customer:

The heating element (i.e. grill) suspended out into the oven. Is this a simple replacement or does it need an electrician to dismantle & fit? Where can the elements be bought (and product number?)?

Customer:

The original enquiry also asked whether this model is still available and if not, what is the equivalent model?

Dales-Electronic :

yes it is straight forward to replace power off and take off the back ~ note which cable fits to which terminal, then unbolt/unscrew from cavity and take out. Replace with new, reconnect and replace the back. Parts are still available from most of the on-line spares suppliers. This model is no longer available, however a replacement to fit the hole will be dependent on what type of oven you require ie conventional, fan, multifunction etc