Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Neff dishwasher with this control/display

Customer Question

I have a Neff dishwasher with this control/display board:
http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/dishwasher-spare-parts-c39/modules-pcbs-c278/siemens-dishwasher-control-module-p97573
Would this also have a separate control board in the base?
I can confirm that there is low voltage power reaching the board, and 240v reaching the latch switch. But there is nothing at all on the display and no response to the (optical/touch) buttons.
Is it worth just trying a new control/display board?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full ENr of the dishwasher please

JACUSTOMER-4pu5se5u- :

I'm not able to get it right now - the machine is in a house we just sold and the new owners moved in - but I know that it has that controller from the OEM part number on the module which I looked at last night.

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you could get the model that would be helpful as I cant track it back to the diagram at the moment ~ Ian

graphic If you look at the attached picture which covers the Neff S5409X0GB/03 which uses the same pcb you will see a power board behind the right hand side panel. part number 493880. So in answer to you question Yes there is another board. However in my opinion it is more likely that the display board has gone rather than the power board but I would have a look for damaged on the power board pcb.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. I can't download the image however; I just get a placeholder icon. Can you forward another link please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced the control module and it's still as dead as a Dodo.

I had a look at the power board. It gets AC power to the two main connectors. There is a very slight discolouration on the underside of the board, as if there was an overheating component, but it is slight and there's no evidence from the top of the board of anything wrong with the nearby components.

Anyway, it seems I've no choice really but to try a power board or give up. I've not found a new power board; only a secondhand one on Ebay and I'm not going to spend £60 on a board and then still not have been able to eliminate that as the cause.

.