George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my Nef dishwaser S54M45x5GB/01 will not wash,it will fill with

my Nef dishwaser S54M45x5GB/01 will not wash,it will fill with water upto the bottom of the door then just stop.If reset is pressed the water will pump away leaving diswasher empty.I assume the door switch is working ok for the machine to fill and empty,The machine is only 6 yrs old and only used every three days please can you help.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give me the FD from the top metal part of the door please.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

What is FD

George-Allsorts :

It is a number stamped into the top metal part of the door next to the ENR

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

ok will go check

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

no number stamped on inside

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

8705

George-Allsorts :

That is it

George-Allsorts :

Thank you... May 2007 is the age of the appliance..

One monent please whilst I look at the diagrams of your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me: When the appliance has filled and stops, are there any light flashing on the controls?

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

dont know, can not see its intergrated.

George-Allsorts :

What about when you open the door.. are there any light flashing on the controls?

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

dont know will go check

George-Allsorts :

Thank you... Also, are there any beeps?

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

no lights but a lit tap and what looks like a star in the timer window

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for going to look.. I will need to go get the service manual for your appliance to see what that fault code is... I will return when I have it

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me if the star was already on in the display?

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

dont thinks so its just the wash time

George-Allsorts :

Ok, what seems to be happening is that the flow meter is not sending a signal to the pcb to tell it to continue with the program.

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

where is the flow meter

George-Allsorts :

The flow meter is a part on the left side of the machine behind the side panel.. I am just trying to find you a picture of one

George-Allsorts :

You will find it in the bottom left corner as you take off the side panel.. It is near to the water inlet

-------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate the assistance given today

JACUSTOMER-ozbi1b5q- :

ok thank you george

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

George-Allsorts :

George-Allsorts :

You can do so by clicking on the smiley faces

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George flow meter fitted this morning and dishwasher working thank you
You're very welcome Kevin