George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

we have a Amana magic chef in our RV Model Aly2280 BDB

Customer Question

Hi we have a Amana magic chef in our RV Model Aly2280 BDB , 10487050 its 9 years old.When we light the oven every thing works as it should,but after a couple of minutes the gas pressure goes down without turning down the knob.All the other burners work as they should its just the oven that is causing a problem.Can you help.
Regards Peter
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Do you mean the flame reduces, or as you have said 'the gas pressure goes down'?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after lighting the pilot light for the oven it flares up as normal but after 5 mins or so the flame reduces down to the lowest setting even if the knob is turned to broil , wondering lf it is pressure or the actual knob

Thank you Peter, does the pressure of the rings reduce at the same time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO they seem to be fine

Then the problem is with the thermostat of the oven..

Here is a link to one for your model

Be sure to have a professional Gas Safe Engineer replace the part, as changing the part requires breaking into the gas system of the appliance

----------------------------------------------

Remember to rate the service given today... Feel free to ask more questions if you need

Hello Peter, I notice that you have not yet rated the assistance given. Until you rate the assistance given, the system will not allow me to be credited for assisting you with your problem.

If you need further advice, please feel free to ask.