George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We replaced main thermal fuse in our HME9751GB which had .

We replaced main thermal fuse in our HME9751GB which had blown. However got new fuse but when microwave is in operation the fuse blows? Is the life of my faithful oven/microwave over?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you give me the version number that apears following the Enr number you have given please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've no idea what version number is… Got the model number from looking for same oven online. Found the operating instructions with HME97..GB then 800 856 00 if that helps?

Ok Liz, lets leave that for now... Can you tell me what fuse you changed... Where was the fuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was the ceramic fuse behind the control panel. The other fuse was okay!

I am sorry to hear you say that Liz.. This means there is a fault with that control panel or the power board that is behind it..

The cost of replacement depends on the exact model number and which board has become defective...

However, the cheapest of the boards is around £150