Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The knob main oven function of my ZOF35702 oven is

The knob for the main oven function of my ZOF35702 oven is stuck and will not release - will this need to be replaced or do you have any tips to release it? The oven is only a year old and has seldom been used so this is very disappointing!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you let me have the product code or pnc for this appliance which will be on the rating plate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this the information you require?

Product number *********** /p>

Serial number 40614112

Could you send it to me again please but put a # ***** in front of the pnc, the system thinks you are trying to send me your telephone number and is blanking it out ~ is the problem that the knob is failing to pop out or that it is jammed and cant be turned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The knob is failing to pop out - doesn't release when pressed.

#94417147102

#40614112

OK the first part of this is a bit fiddly, you need to get the knob to pop out and once out to pull it off the shaft it is fitted to. This may entail using two thin screwdrivers or pointed knifes to flick it out. Take care not to damage the knob ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is exactly the problem, I have tried to flick/gently prize the knob out but nothing has worked and of course I'm wary of causing damage. I don't think you can help me here, thanks anyway.

OK if it wont come out this way I can suggest an alternative if you wish and are handy with tools?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes if you have any other ideas please - then to be on the safe side i'll get a friend to assist... many thanks.

OK power off first ~ you will need to remove the oven from its housing and remove the top ~ once this is done you will have access to the rear of the knobs. Ping me back when you have got this far ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm not able to get the oven out unassisted, so will have to leave this for now. I'm not keen to be dismantling anything so although it might be costly I think i'll need to contact Zanussi

OK I perhaps can give you a cheaper option if you give me your postcode, removal of a know is a daily event for most engineers ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My postcode is ME15 9ST - if you can recommend an engineer, great thanks

Two seconds I'll be right back ~~ try this guy, Bob Goodwin. Instant Service Ltd Rochester. on 01634 402389. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but lets you ask further questions on a free of charge basis if you need more advice later. Thanks You for the question ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.