Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have tried all possible ways unfortunately the mains trip.

Customer Question

I have tried all possible ways unfortunately the mains trip. I suspect the coil in the Honeywell gas valve, where can I purchase one of them /
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ which gas valve have you got, should be a label on the side with details.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Boiler Larrs Lite 2, gas valve Type VS8820A 1001

CE 0063A030902 ,do you know where I can get it ? Thanks. By the way I thought I had already rated your services, I will do it again.

OK will check it out, why do you think it is the coil of the gas valve that is causing the problem, these are remarkably reliable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After testing all connections with Ohms meter when mains is connected it just trip ! I know the gas valve is seldom to go wrong, but as the timer was kaput I guess the boiler has been running 24 hrs for a while !

OK I have tried at least 7 supplier who advise that the coil is not available as a separate item and that you have to replace the whole gas valve assembly at about £500 from all of them - the only thing I can suggest is to go directly to Honeywell and see if they can get you one in - http://www.honeywelluk.com/ -- Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,I am prepared to buy the whole unit , please let me have the phone number so that I can ask them to either order it for me if they do not have it physically in stock . Many thanks. Yousouf.

Honeywell ~01344 656200 or you could try this company which seem to be having a deal on them check it is the correct valve ~~ http://www.apuliapools.co.uk/lite-gas-valve-nat-vs8820a-1001-1.html ~~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have ordered the unit from Apuliapools , apparently I bought the pilot generator for the boiler from them. Many thanks. I have already rated your services.

A pleasure to help, you should be ready for swimming when the warm weather gets here - enjoy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, do you know where I can get a non voltage timer ? Thanks

Could you kindly explain abit more as what you want or are trying to do, are you just wanting a timer that switches a set of contacts rather than being used to switch mains voltage. ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I toldApulia Pools where I am purchasing the gas valve ,I need a timer. they told me I need a non voltage timer for the Larrs boiler !.

Try this company ~~ https://www.ia.omron.com/products/family/222/specification.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In your opinion do you think the timer should be non voltage, the one which I have to replace looks like all ordinary timers.

.