Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bosch classicWas programme stopped with 42 minutes

Bosch classic
Was programme stopped with 42 minutes remaining on programme.
Significant amount of water remains in the bottom of dishwasher above level of filters.
I have cleanes all filters and drain appears clear.
WAsher refuses to restart or drain despite all lights being on and having reset the programme.
No joy on any of the other programmes either...
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~

Unplug tip back to 45 degrees (have towels handy) tell me if any water comes out of the back?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lots of water coming from behind the back panel and from underneath the appliance
OK you have a leak into the base that has activated the flood protection device. To confirm this ~ once you have all the water out, leave it for an hour and then switch it back on, if the appliance appears to work correctly that was your problem and you will need to rectify the leak wherever it is. Would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below ~ once done this allows you to ask further questions on a free of charge basis whilst letting me close the job down on the system ~ Many thanks ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the advice.
The machine started on a cycle OK but that leaves me with a leaking dishwasher.
Is this a common problem and if so is it likely to be just loose water system connection or would it be more likely a component fault?
yes this is a very common fault, if you take the side panels off you can usually spot the leak using a torch. Once you have it spotted you can then rectify it, often just a leaking pipe or pump ~ not too much of a job unless it is the circulating pump that is leaking itself ~ Ian