Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

conditioner compartment does not fully empty

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~ can you give me the full ENr for the appliance so that I can check out the specs, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model xl1400

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

E NR WXL 148 AUK 19 FD ********** /p>

OK when you say it doesn't empty do you mean that it leaves lots of fabric conditioner in the bottom or that there is just a small amount of water in the bottom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it just leaves a small amount of conditioner in the bottom (not Water)

OK perhaps you will allow me to explain why this happens, assuming that the conditioner chamber is clean, when the program reaches the point where fabric conditioner is due to be added to the drum a syphon process is started, water is released from the top of the soap dispenser box into the conditioner slot, the conditioner is lighter than water and as the water level rises so the conditioner is syphoned up and between the syphon tube and its cap. There is a small area at the bottom of the cap (3mm) where the tube is above the syphon tube. When the content of the conditioner slot is below this cap no further syphon action is possible. In general therefore you will always be left with a small amount of water/conditioner in the bottom of the slot. I hope this explains why this is so?