George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I've got an Indesit IWB71250 washing machine that stopped

I've got an Indesit IWB71250 washing machine that stopped halfway through rinse cycle. Water still in machine but door opens and no Red light. Power off and on does reset but Red light stays off and door opens, machine does nothing as if waiting for door to close. Door switch problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Do you have program lights?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they come on as normal apart from the Red Door lock light. I guess the machine won't actually cycle because it thinks the door is unlocked - which it is! The program it was running started normally with red light etc but mid program it just stopped and Red light was off.

I have now drained the machine, unplugged it and pulled it out and have the lid off. I am very confident with electronics and have multimeters and know how to use them.

So the red door lock light is not flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it's just off. When I switch it on, the all-lights-on Lamp test shows that the Red light works

Ok, then yes.. the door lock needs replacing... But before you replace it, I advise you to check the board (the board at the bottom left rear) to make sure that a triac, track, or resister has not blown.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I have removed the door lock. It has 3 wires going into it. Is there anything I can test to prove it's the lock before I look at the control board?

In a word Mick, No...

The board is easily removable.. undo the rear panel, take out the outer holding screw/s, lift the holder up and out from the shell. Photograph the wiring positions for replacement purposes, and take the board from the case to inspect it..

Here is a link to the correct replacement lock