Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch Aquatak 1200 pressure washer has suddenly stopped

Customer Question

My Bosch Aquatak 1200 pressure washer has suddenly stopped working after working fine on several occasions this year. I have checked filter and fuse . There is no sound at all from the motor. It is not hot, having just come out of the shed again today.
Robert
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
How old is your pressure washer?
Also can you manually turn the motors shaft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see how to get at the motor without removing some of the body, which I was reluctant to do at this stage. I'll try it over the weekend and get back to you.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert, that will be fine.
I will be here when you need me further.
It may solve the problem to just turn the motor a bit if the motor brushes have gotten stuck as they will over a period of time if not used much.
If you have a meter you can check the switch, it could also be the problem. But usually its just a stuck motor brush on this model ;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to rate my service thus far.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mick

I tried that, and it ran for a short time, but when I stopped it to move something it wouldn't restart. I've moved the shaft a bit, several times, but it remains silent!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Robert its likely in this case the motor brushes need replacement because that means they are getting hung up on casing.
It could also need a lubrication in the motor.
You can try to see if there is an electric motor repair shop near you for this it would be the cheapest way to have this fixed.
If you cant find anything local you can also use Sears service, most stores allow for drop off of these units and will send them out for repair.
I'm here if you need anything further.
Tech Michael