George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

OUR 13MTHS OLD AQ73F49E WASHER MACHINE KEEPS TRIPPING THE MAIN

OUR 13MTHS OLD AQ73F49E WASHER MACHINE KEEPS TRIPPING THE MAIN SOCKET RING IN THE HOUSE, IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO OR IS THIS A ENGINEER CALL OUT, DO WE NEED TO CHECK ANYTHING FOR BLOCKAGES.
THANKS *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. First and formost, if the appliance is only 13 months old, then you would be wise contacting Hotpoint on 0843(###) ###-####to see if they will assist with a free repair.

Alternatively, can you tell me at what point of the wash the appliance is tripping the electric

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it seems to do it at any time sometimes trip from the start and another time half way through programme it not constant just seems strange.

thanks

Then in this case I would suggest calling in an engineer... Many components can trip the electricity consumer unit, but, they will usually do it at roughly the same time in each wash...

Items that can cause the problem include, power supply, door locks, heaters, cables, suppressors, motors, pcbs, etc etc.

The appliance will need testing properly to assess where the cause is and what component/s are causing the problem.

I can advise you of the contact details of a local engineer if you can supply me with your postcode. Would you like me to do this?