Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, I'm trying to take off the half back panel to look at

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to take off the half back panel to look at the pressure switches as I have e34 errors. Can you help please?
Paul Coelho.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Ok when you are ready to go give me a ping, You will need a crossheaded screwdriver and if you have them a 8 mm and 7mm socket - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian, my reponses will be the same. I'm in and out for the next 2 hours. Ok. I have a crosshead screwdriver, but no 7 or 8mm sockets. Will plyers do, or an adjustable spanner?

Paul.

No you will need either a 7 and 8mm socket or 7/8mm nut runners to do this job. Pliers or an adjustable will not do ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Next door neighbour has right tools. He'll be back later. Ok to contact you back then?

Paul.

OK make sure the 7/8mm sockets are on 1/4 inch drive, I doubt that 1/2 inch will fit but I will be around later when you are ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. Thank you.

Paul.

OK I have to leave at 1715 but will be back at 1830 when we can continue ~ Ian
OK Im back whenever you are good to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

Back again!! Got the 8mm. Undone the two screws at bottom at back of machine. What do I do next? Thank you.

Paul.

Take the top off first, then you will see two screw covers in the sides one at each side flick the covers off and you can see a bolt head take out the two bolts and ping me when you have got this far ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand your instructions. One problem......How do you take the top off!!?

There are two screws at the back one each side, take them out and then gently tape front of the top and it should slide back and off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Top is off. Can't see any screw covers anywhere. There's a metal plate about 5 inches wide that goes across the width of the machine. Any ideas?

If you follow the joint of the back panel down to the floor you will see to circular plastic covers about the size of a 1p piece. One at each side of the rear casing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got the plastic covers off the back of the machine. There's a gap of about 4 to 5 inches behind each cover. Can't see any bolts even with a torch.

Can you see where the front half of the cabinet joins to the back half of the cabinet, ie half way along the side of the cabinet there is a joint?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Brilliant. Bolts out.

OK if you now go to the top you will see three bolts and a bracket that straddles the front and back case assy. Remove these at each side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done. Two of the bolts each side were holding a bracket in. Thank you. Next!!!

OK making sure that the drain hose is down and level with the floor you may need to put its end in a washing up bowl. Unclip the water inlet valve holders that is clipped into the top of the rear case assy, push in the clips and lift it out of its u shaped recess.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Done. A little water spillage!

You got the water inlet valve(s) out of the back panel recess too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pretty sure I have. Switched off the water first.

OK just check that there isn't a third bolt on the back near where the drain pipe comes out if so remove it ~ you should now be able with a bit of wriggling to remove the rear half of the cabinet and get access to the pressure switch. Would you no kindly rate my service this allows me to close the job down on the system but lets you ask further questions on a free of charge basis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no 3rd bolt. I can wiggle the back, but the inlet pipe fitting is still attached to the casing. How do I get this apart?

Did you type 'do not rate your service?

I explained earlier, you have a half moon plastic moulding that the inlet valve fits into, if you push the two clips one at each side it will lift up far enough to pull out the rear casing and remove it out of the way, the half moon also has the power cable passing through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done. Fiddly little devils!! Power switches next?

No you should be able to get the back off now which will give you access to the pressure switch(s) which are clipped on the central crossbar.