George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

what belling 110cm electric range cooker have I got? Knob

what belling 110cm electric range cooker have I got? Knob arrangement is 3,2,4,1 and a 5 button clock/timer. I need the model number to get a spare fan oven element.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Many belling range cookers have clocks like this.. If you have a look at the bottom of the manin oven, there is usually a label there with the model numbers on it... Alternatively, you can also normally find the information on the rear of the appliance and on the rear of the manual.

The element number is ***** stamped into the plate at the raer end of the element.

Kindly be patient if awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance as high as you can, this will not cost you any additional money
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said, no model number at the bottom of the main oven and no manual. Nor can I see the same knob pattern in any pictures of Belling cookers on line so far. I haven't got as far as taking out the element yet.

The knob pattern is a group of 3 (fan oven, conventional oven, grill) 2 (warming drawer and long ceramic hob element) 4 (round ceramic hob elements) 1 (solid raised hot plate)

Ok John, I like you, cannot find the particular model cooker that you have... I can opt-out if you wish to see if another engineer can recognise the model you are talking about..

Let me know if you wish me to do this...

Alternatively, if you let me know the numbers on the old element I should be able to tell you what element to get... or, if there are no numbers, there will be a power rating stamped onto the backplate of the element; let me know that power rating and the measurements of the element and I should be able to let you know which element it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ill have a go at the element, but it won't be today as I'll need to isolate it and the rest of the cooker is in use.

OK John... Just let me know when you are ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still working on it. I can't get the element out as the screw is jammed and the cross head is worn, so I will have to try with a screw extractor to see if I can shift it. There is writing on it, but I can't make it all out until I get it removed. I hope it is the element after this and not the thermostat! is the thermostat easy to replace if I need to?

Without the exact model it is hard to say... Let's deal with the element first.. if it is not the element then we'll have to find a way of identifying the exact cooker
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At last! I have got the element off. Markings are:

EGO 20.41018.000 symbol 4 0412

diameter is 250 mm

I have tested it and it is open circuit.

Hope this helps

P.S. Now I have got the number I have found the right element on ebay and have ordered one. Many thanks for your help.

Hi John... The element you need is this one:

C00199665

If you are buying from the above link a discount might be available.. When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, but see my PS on my last communication. I have submitted a rating.