Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a hotpoint ffa70 fridge freezer the freezer is fine

I have a hotpoint ffa70 fridge freezer the freezer is fine but the fridge is not cool at all it is also noisy getting louder and quieter constantly I was wondering if the fan could be stuck and if so where to locate it on the machine thanks for any help
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries
OK how handy are you with a screwdriver and do you have a wallpaper steamer/stripper ?? ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean?

OK if we are to rectify the fault you have we will need to defrost the pack panel of the freezer compartment (using a wallpaper streamer) and then remove it (screwdriver) ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where is the panel located please Ian?

You need to remove the freezer baskets from inside the freezer and then once out you will need to defrost the back plastic panel using a steamer and then carefully remove it taking care not to pull off any wires ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't seem like you want to help and appears you are giving info in dribs and drabs so thanks but I will probably just buy a new appliance

I can only help you if you are able to carry out the repair, you will need to follow the instructions that I give you ~ if you don't feel comfortable about doing this I can understand but there is no point in me giving you a long list of instructions if you cant get past the first hurdle of defrosting the back to get access to the fan assembly which is behind the back panel. Really the choice is yours the repair is quite straight forward but you have to be careful not to break the plastic as its very brittle at -18C.