Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My philco freezer has red light flashing continuously after

My philco freezer has red light flashing continuously after a power outage last night. What can I do to rectify it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries. Is the motor running at the back and if you put your head near the cabinet can you hear the hiss of refrigerant passing through the pipes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes motor is running and refrigerant can be heard moving around

OK how long have you had it on since you restarted it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 hours

OK and does it feel cold yet in the cabinet these Chinese built freezers can take up to 8 hours to get cold.

Has your food gone soft?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No food is still frozen hasn't defrosted at all
OK the red light just indicates that the freezer temperature went outside that set by you ie with the power cut the temperature may have moved from -18C up to say -14C. The items are still frozen but the thermostat is set at -18C and because it has moved more than 3 degrees the system indicates a fault. If you leave it overnight it should go out in the next few hours and be back to normal. I am on here tomorrow so come back to me here when you are up and about and if you have further problems (which I doubt) we can resolve them. ~~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok will do .
.