KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I'm I have a 60 inch plasma TV. When I turn it on the top half

I'm I have a 60 inch plasma TV. When I turn it on the top half is fuzzy and jumps around. After it's been on about 15 minutes it seems to disappear. Is this a sign of screen deterioration or a fixable problem.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer...please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, not sure of the exact model number, but it was one of the early large screen plasma tvs. It is an LG 60inch. It would be approx. 8 years old.
What about the sound ? It always works fine ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sound is uneffected
Looking at the age of this unit the most likely cause is failing caps on either the power supply board (located at the center after you remove the back panel) or any other boards ...if you want to repair this yourself then unplug the unit and remove the back panel...closely inspect the boards for any bad caps... let me know how it goes