Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my de dietrich oven/microwave has a small bar control strip

my de dietrich oven/microwave has a small bar control strip which has come off. i have a new part but looks like i need to screw it on via 3 points, but how do i get to remove the broken connectors /get to the screw heads behond the control panel?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that,
How old is your microwave?
Also may I have the full model #?
Please also describe the strip you are talking about and what it is for?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply and apologies for delay
Model is DME795X
Approx 7 years old
The Strip is approx 100mm long by 20mm wide and has 'STOP' TC' + OK - labels on it. It jlooks like it should push fit or screw onto the outside by 3 connection points but I can't get the old connectors out.
The strip doesn't actually work the oven ( it is blue touch panels behind) but they tell you what the control is.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that,
Im sorry for the delay I was in the hospital myself lol.
I think you are talking about the front panel, up on the right is that the location?
In any case it is the face plate for the buttons below it.
To remove that you would need to open the microwave oven up to access the panel mounts to remove that correctly.
Did you want to fix this with a quick fix or replace the panel?
I can help in either case;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply and I hope you are fine.
If I can access the panel mounts from the back would be great. Can I then just screw in the new part?
Cheers
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes, you will need to open the unit to do this but please use extreme caution!
Microwave ovens can contain LETHAL voltages even when the unit is disconnected from the power supply!!!
if you are going to make this repair, you need to stay away from the large silver capacitor behind the fan near the diode and control panel or it will need to be discharged which would be better and safer.
You may be able to use some glue to fix this part to the panel but if not, let me know and I will tell you the best place to get that part;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day, and please rate kindly at this time;-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.