Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

thetford N104 refrigerator fitted to Bessacarr E 530 The on/off

Customer Question

thetford N104 refrigerator fitted to Bessacarr E 530 The on/off switch not powering unit and have not located specific fuse. How do I remove the switch box cover to check power supply to switch?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
How old is your fridge?
Also may I have the FULL model #?
And is your model also gas and electric?
And is the switch you are referring to the thermostat or simply an on off switch?
Please answer all of the above so I can help you effectively.
Thank you *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael model N104 SES 12v gas and main. 7years old -- after off for 6 months there is no response at all to the on switch. there may be an individual fuse but I can't locate it ---there is a MCB with fridge, charger etc which is powered OK . The tractor battery did drop to a low level when we were in OZ but has recovered and mains is on --have not tried gas but the fridge exhibits no sign of life. How do I remove the switches cover without forcing too much to check power supply at the unit?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Frank,
These usually pop off when there is no screws visible.
You can use a tiny blade screwdriver carefully pry. if there is a round knob you can pull that off, there may be a mounting screw inside there.
But all that said, this isn't usually the main switch at fault, it may be a fuse but you need to check to see if it will run on gas and let me know that;-) Thanks Frank.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Michael I will ask my MH supplier and Swift 2 moro re fuse then try gas and further access Cheers

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your more than welcome,
I will be here when you need me, please rate kindly at this time, no additional cost to rate!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael. To further your knowledge I did the following to the N104 thetford fridge; eased off the small coloured plastic surrounding the display switches

undid the two exposed screws and took off the display unit box

uncoupled the wire loom and removed the display power board

put voltmeter across input terminals --1 live. Reconnected the board but found no other live terminals than 1st

ordered part which to be delivered next week. hope for the best!!

Swift advised Fuse F7 in box NE184 covered fridge . Regards
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Frank, thanks, ***** ***** have screws you can see, i thought from what you said that you couldn't find any lol;-)
In some instances they use covers on the same models that will either snap in or use a fastener of some type.
I will be here in case that doesn't work but let me know if all is well after the fuse and switch are replaced;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael