KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have a meile washing machine. After a few minutes of a

Customer Question

We have a meile washing machine. After a few minutes of a washing cycle it stops and the lights telling you the stage of the washing cycle fash.
Whe have emptied the drain at bottom of the machine several times but it is still not working.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where on the machine will I find the model numer on the machine.

It is located on/inside the door
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is *****

I think it is four years old.

with the washer unplugged, pull it out and then take the drain hose off... also take off the base of the appliance and clean excess water from the base, make sure there are no blockages... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry because I am disabled I am not strong enough to pull out the machine.

OK, usually the problem is solved after the drain pump/hose is cleaned, you can remove the bottom panel of the washer and then clean the hose...If the problem returns after cleaning then pull it out and check the heating element for the washer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My carer has now arrived and she can't pull out the machine either so far you have not been any help. Is there anything else you can suggest?

OK, have you received my last response ? If you are unable to pull it out and clean it from the bottom then you can simply tip the machine forward by around 45 degrees...by doing this water in the base will run out...let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I told you in my responses, I am not strong enough.

OK, I am afraid then you might have to get someone who can help...as stated earlier this is the way problem can be solved
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband has come home and followed your instructions but the machine is still stops the wash program after 1 or 2 minutes. what do you suggest next?

As you have already tried to clean the drain pump and the problem is still there...the issue is likely with the heating element that is bad and will need rplacement...