Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bosch Professional GTS10 inch table saw. Just replaced 230v

Customer Question

Bosch Professional GTS10 inch table saw. Just replaced 230v armature including bearings plus two sets of carbon brushes. Rebuilt it run it again motor stopped. checked brushes both had warn down to spring after about 5 minutes running time. Rechecked build again replaced brushes and now a smell of burning and lots of sparking from brushes. Do not wish to carry on running until i get some idea of what is wrong the parts were supplied by Miles
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ only two things it can be if you rebuilt it correctly, a faulty armature or poor quality brushes, did you check that the commutator wasn't rough and aligned and that the brushes were able to slide in there holders? From what you have said I would suspect one or the other. Ian