Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Beko DCU8230 and the room and clothes smell odd when

I have a Beko DCU8230 and the room and clothes smell odd when the drier cycle has finished
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me a little more information as to what you consider 'odd' ie what sort of smell?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is difficult to describe but the best I can offer is something similar to rotting fish and vomit - it leaves this smell on the towels

How old is the appliance and is still under the manufacturers warranty ~ reason I ask is this sort of smell is normally associated with a motor that is failing ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had this delivered this in Feb 2014 - It gets used 5 days a week for one load each day.

Its more about the amount you put in the load not the frequency that you use it, overload it and the motor burns out doesn't matter if its three days old or 3 years. As far as you know does it cut off during the drying cycle and then restart ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the cycle runs uninterrupted - the smell occurs after about an hour when everything is nice and hot.

OK how handy are you with a screwdriver? Would you be happy to take parts off to check things?