canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Neff Dishwasher S41M63N0GB/01 PROBLEM - When power on switch

Neff Dishwasher S41M63N0GB/01
PROBLEM - When power on switch is pressed there are a few noises made and P0 is displayed plus the 70 degree wash option light flashes
Pressing any of the buttons including the START button for 3 seconds gets no response.
The only option is to switch the power off button.
If the START button is pressed with the Power on button then instead of the P0 code a time of 2:23 is displayed.
I have taken off the kick plate and pressed the flood switch and I can hear the drain pump working.
Any assistance on what the fault my be is appreciated.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. How many times does it flash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On pushing the power on button, there is several click sounds made down by the pumps and motor.

There is also a P0 in the display

And one or two of the washing option lights come on.

Pressing any of the buttons gets no response

They stay on until you press the power off button

If I press and hold the START button whilst pressing the power on button then instead of the P0 there is a time of 2:23 displayed and the 70 degree wash option light flashes continuously

Again pressing any button gets no response. The only option is to press the Power off button

When you take the kick plate off, does it look like there is any water in the base of it even after emptying it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no water in the base.

I have checked the flood switch. I have pressed this manually.

On pressing the dishwasher powered up and I can here the outlet pump working.

When I let go of the flood switch the pump stops and the dishwasher turns itself off

Is this the flood switch or the float inside the basin in the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the flood switch in the base of dishwasher. There is a polystyrene float which rises if there is water in the base of the dishwasher. This float rises and presses a switch which sets off the pump

If you pour some water into the dishwasher basin and activate the pump does the water pump out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

If you fill the inside of the dishwasher with water and try turning it on does it pump the water out or only if you manually switch the float?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only when I manually switch the float switch.

Even if you fill the water enough that it would float the float for the switch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

?????

Are we on the same wave length

The switch I am pressing is in the base of the dishwasher - where all the pumps and motor and wiring - behind the kick plate. In here also is a round "bowl" about 10cm diameter and about 1cm high. In this bowl sits a round plate of polystyrene and a switch is mounted above this.

If the base floods or the inside of the dishwasher leaks below then this switch is activated whether the dishwasher is switch on or off.

So I don't see what your question is requesting. I am not going to fill the inside of the dishwasher with water until it floods into the base.

Where are we going with this. What does the P0 code stand for?

The code is supposed to be a faulty pump or a jammed pump but that does not seem to be the case. The other random time code tells me it is the control board. They can be damaged by power surge or simply fail because of a cold solder joint on the board. If you can electronics solder you may be able to remove the board and touch up the solder joints on the board and that may repair it but otherwise the PCB will have to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The time code only comes on if I press the START button whilst pressing the power on button.

If I just press the Power on button there is the P0 code.

Why do you suspect the PCB as opposed to the recirculation motor?

Because nothing starts up and also the pump will come on and also it never starts and fills that would happen before the circulation pump would come on. If it were the pump then it would stop at that stage instead of never starting.
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber