George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an 18 year old Hotpoint double oven model 6163 that

I have an 18 year old Hotpoint double oven model 6163 that needs replacing. It fits snugly into a 562 mm space. I'm considering buying a Hotpoint replacement but they all ask for 597 mm space. Are they asking for this because it really is needed or are they just playing safe. The original fitting instructions for the 6163 asks for 564 mm space
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** modern appliances of this respect request 597mm even though they are listed as 600 wide. There is nearly always a differential between the actual size of the appliance (597) or (562) and the stated width (600) or (564). The extra few millimeters is generally requested for fitting purposes.

Please remember to rate the assistance given as best you can & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You haven't told me anything that I don't already know George. How can I find out the exact width of the Hotpoint range of Built in Double Ovens? I don't want to buy one and find it won't fit.

Hi Ken, can you tell me exactly what you are asking please.. you have asked only one question above, which is what I have answered...

If you have a model number in mind I can let you know the size..

Are you trying to find one for the 562mm space that you have mentioned earlier? If so, I have had a look for you and yet I cannot find one compatible in the Hotpoint range.. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean one doesn't exist..

If you contact Hotpoint on the following number, they have a database of all the sizes of all the appliances.. Notwithstanding this, they have the capability to find the replacement appliance of a certain Hotpoint product if one exists.

HOTPOINT INFORMATION LINE
08000-92-19-22

8.30am - 5.00pm Mon-Fri

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem solved, George. The Hotpoint Information Line assures me that all the new models will fit into the space of the existing oven

Thanks for letting me know.. I would appreciate a rating of good or better.. Thanks again