George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have just installed a second-hand American style fridge/freezer model...RS21DCNS...all

Customer Question

I have just installed a second-hand American style fridge/freezer
model...RS21DCNS...all seems to be working...EXCEPT for 2 things
1-RED filter lit up...ORDERED new one
WATER LEAKING FROM NEAR BASE OF UNIT...coming from inside and leaking onto floor from inside fridge
will this be cured when NEW FILTER installed
any other suggestions
many thanks,BIG S
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Big S, my name is George..

The filter should cure the filter light problem.

As for "WATER LEAKING FROM NEAR BASE OF UNIT" ... Most Samsung models go into auto defrost as they are powered after being disconnected... If you had any ice build-up on the condenser then the defrost will melt the ice and cause a build-up of water... If the drain hole (behind the panel on the inner rear wall of the freezer section) is blocked, or cannot deal with the flow, it will result in water overflow into the fridge and out of the front of the fridge as you have.

If you are talking about near to the bottom plinth... Check the hose coupling behind the kick panel at the base of the left door

If you need any further advice, respond and I shall answer when I return.

Please rate the assistance given today & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Hi Steve,

How did you get on with the problematic Samsung Fridge Freezer?

Do you need any further help with it? If so let me know.

George