Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Appliance

I have an AEG lavatherm T 56800 dryer and it keeps stopping.

Hi I have an AEG... Show More
Hi I have an AEG lavatherm T 56800 dryer and it keeps stopping. The END light flashes 5 times with a beep accompanying the flashes 5 times also. A pause of 1 or 2 seconds then it beeps and flashes 5 times again. This keeps on until I turn it off.
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ would you kindly let me have the product code or pnc off the rating plate/label.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

The PNC No: *********** /p>

Thanks Im Richard.

Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Sorry could you put a # ***** before the pnc ie #12234 etc the computer has picked it up as a telephone number and blocked it out so that I cannot see it. Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

the no is #916 012 128 00

Thanks got it that time ~~~~
OK can you give me an idea of its age, the service manual is not listed on the engineers website under that pnc which usually means its quite old?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I cant be sure but I think its about 8 / 9 years old. Time flies so it could be 10

OK that makes more sense, can you advise me if you leave it for a while does it restart on its own?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

It keeps beeping with the end light flashing so in the end I turn it off as the beeping is quite loud and annoying. I have left it for about 6/7 cycles of beeping and there is no sign of it stopping.

No its not the beeping Im concered about, I want to know if the motor restarts after a short period of time is there no way of switching the beeper off?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I will have to wait until it happens again and I will leave it for 15/20 mins.

Will be using it this evening so hopefully will get the answer then.

I will let you know later or tomorrow if needs be.

Hope this is ok. Cheers ...Rich

OK come back to me when you've checked it out ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian
I have been using my dryer this week and it has been working fine. Talk about typical. I am about to rate you so you get your money. I haven't really got to the root of the problem so if it plays up again soon I hope you don't mind if I contact you .
Please let me know if this is ok.
Kind regardsRichard
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

sorry its been a couple of weeks. My machine worked ok for a while but is now playing up again. It still keeps stopping and does not restart.

Also the drum keeps slowing down and almost stops, this is accompanied with a humming noise. It is as though someone is grabbing hold of the drum. Any ideas??

Thanks Ian

Hi Richard - can you run it for a period of time without any clothes in the dryer and tell me if you still have the same problem? if its continues to stop then leave it and tell me if it comes on by itself some time later ~ Ian

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, its Richard

I have run the machine with no clothes and it stops the same as before

(end light flashing accompanied by beeping). If the END sign illuminates then the machine does not turn back on, but sometimes it stops without the END sign and in this case the machine starts after a while.

As before the drum slows down at times with a slight humming sound.

If the drum stops completely then the end sign flashes with beeping sound.

.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

I don't know if you replied, I got a message that you did but I didn't get it.

Thanks Ian

Kind Regards Richard

OK according to the manual there are two lights that flash indicate the fault ~ the end light will indicate the area of the fault and this should be followed by the start which indicates the particular fault within that family. So I need you to recheck and tell me how many times the start light flashes too and then I can tell you specifically what the fault is ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

I have been trying to use the machine the last few days. The Fault is getting worse as the machine only runs a minute or two before ending the program now. As for the start light it does not flash at all at any time.

Only the END light flashes with the beeping. The drum keeps slowing or grinds to a halt completely then the END light flashes with beeping.

Is there anything that would make the drum slow, I have checked the two "wheels" at the front that support the drum and they are fine.

Thanks again Ian

Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago.
OK the flashes indicate that there is a problem with the motors operation however I needed the start light to further flash to give me the actual part that is at fault. The best that I can do is advise that it is either the motor or the electronic module that controls it. Without being there unfortunately there is no way I can check it further. The fault code shown only gives me the family (ie motor) but this can be a component on the control module or part of the motor. If I was a betting man I would probably change the control module first, if you can get the board out and give me its part number or any numbers on it I may be able to get you a company that refurbishes them which would save you some money. If it turn out to be the motor then likely the cost would prohibit the appliances repair ~ Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
I have given up with the dryer. It is driving me mad. Just bought a new heat-pump one. Thanks for all your help .
Best WishesRichard.
Hi Richard ~ sad to hear that you have given up but it gets to me some days too. Good luck with the heat-pump one, at least if it goes wrong there will be no chance of a fix. Take care see you next time around ~ Ian