George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Neff dishwasher e:15 problem

Neff dishwasher e:15 problem
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you let me know the full Enr from the top metal part of the door please.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see a number. There's a white sticker with what looks like a customer service number. The details have worn away.

It's a 45cm built-in Neff dishwasher. Part of a Magnet kitchen installation. I think it was installed in 2012.

Hi Ben, the number should be stamped into the metal at the top of the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any number. I removed the label just in case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. It was very faint. I think the number is *****

Thanks for that Ben, can you first fill the cavity of the dishwasher with cold water and let it stand for at least 10 mins, then switch it on to drain and try the dishwasher again.

If that has not resolved the issue, can you check the base for water.. you will need to unscrew and pull out the dishwasher and tip it backwards to atleast a 60 degree angle to ascertain the level of any water ingress ... Clean-up any water found there..

Whilst the dishwasher is out, try it again to make sure you have no leak into the base..

Let me know what you find

I'll be away for a short while but will be back at some point this afternoon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

I filled the cavity and left it for an hour or so. Since I powered it back up the pumps have been running (on and off) and the same error message is on display (E:15 and flashing tap). That's pretty much the state it's been in since yesterday. Should I leave it running?

Not sure I'm comfortable pulling the unit out. I don't even know where to start. Any tips? Or should I get someone in? (There's a local specialist I've used before).

Hi Ben, thanks for being patient, and thanks for trying that...

Yes, turn it off... Is the dishwasher empty of water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
In that case you need to check the base for water.. you will need to unscrew and pull out the dishwasher and tip it backwards to atleast a 60 degree angle to ascertain the level of any water ingress ... Clean-up any water found there..

To unscrew it there should be two screws above the top of the door, take them out.. Adjust the legs, and pull towards you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have a look tomorrow morning. When you say two screws above the top of the door, can you be more specific? I don't see any.
Normally, there are two tabs that stick out slightly towards you.. If you open the door of the dishwasher and look up to the edge of the appliance then you should see them... They hold the appliance into position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only screws I can see that seem to go through to the neighbouring units are in this position (one on each side). So if I take these out I should be able to pull the unit out, correct? You mentioned adjusting the legs, too: I can see a screw in the base that suggests I can lower everything a bit. Is that what you meant?

(Not sure if it makes any difference but it seems to be sitting on some wooden blocks.)

Hi Ben, yes.. on your model it is two screws through the side ... Take those out.

The rear legs are adjustable by turning the hexigon shaped nut in the centre of the base unit... The front legs are done manually..

The blocks will be there to lift the dishwasher so that the legs dont have to adjust too much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I have it pulled out. There's not enough play in one of the connecting pipes to let me tip it right back so I guess I'll have to disconnect it. What am I looking for when I do tip it back?

Presumably the water I can see in the side panel is OK? It's about three inches from the top. See attached.

You are looking for any water exiting at the rear of the appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. There was certainly some coming out when I tipped it back. I did it a few times until it seemed to have stopped.

Fingers crossed that's done the trick I am running a short cycle while it's still pulled out. Seems quite noise but I guess that's to be expected...

Ok, remove the right hand panel (if there is one) and try the dishwasher whilst it is still out... just to make sure you have no leak into the base from a defective pipe or motor..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you mean by the right-hand panel but I ran a cycle. Seems to work fine. Presumably I'm OK to push it back in?

Excellent... Push her back in and remember to adjust the feet before screwing through the sides..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to rate the assistance as high as you can.. This does NOT cost you extra

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All back in place. I couldn't get it quite as flush as it was but at least it seems to be working again.

Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome Ben...

---------------------------------------------
Please rate the assistance given today
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair