Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a range aster professional +. The electricity supply

Customer Question

I have a range aster professional +. The electricity supply is not working. Have checked the main switch for the cooker but can't see any fuse there. Is there another place where a fuse that I can replaced? Btw the electricty went while using the cooker - first the ignition then the clock/oven...thankyou
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you let me have the model number and have you got power from the electric supply to the cooker connector block? If not I would be looking at the fuse box to see if it has tripped there? Once you have established that you have power to the cooker you will have to reset the clock to get the ovens to work ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oven no. **********
Can you let me have the model number again putting # ***** before the number the system thinks you are trying to send me a phone number ~ and have you power to the connector block at the back ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
#9434155749 it's a rangemaster professional +
Power to rear connector ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I think the power is to rear of cooker but have not pulled out cooker
OK we have to establish if you have any power going to the rangemaster otherwise we will just be wasting time trying to fix a problem that does not exist. Firstly you need to check that there is power from the consumer unit to the cooker switch and thence from the switch onwards to where the cabling connects to the cooker rear. Once you have done this come back to me and we can take things futher if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok going to check switch first. Will now be later as going out. But will get back to you shortly. ThanksKey point is that the cooker lost electricity in two stages...first ignition lighter went then oven and clock while using them...so I think the cooker fuse not the switch..but as I say will rule out switch (getting multimeter)
OK I'm around when you have checked these things out ~ Ian