Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Machine stopped but won't restart. H20 message appeared but

Machine stopped but won't restart. H20 message appeared but water pressure is ok. Disconnected and run it, excellent pressure. Thought it might have been delayed start inadvertently added but cleared that.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also when you start a new cycle do you hear any water going in before the H20 shows up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No.the machine stopped near the end of the cycle at the spin stage. I then tried to restart the cycle by turning the dial to spin. Nothing happened. The machine still had power but the red door lock was not on. The H20 alert only appeared when I was pressing different buttons.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IWE1823, ********* or ********** Not sure which one you want as l alredy posted IWE1823

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Them numbers you have posted isnt comming up on the indesit service database. Did you buy it in the UK?

Also is that the model on the sticker on the inside of the door?

But as to the fault now you say it wont start and the door lock light isnt comming on. Is the door locked so you cannot open it?

Is it still full of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. Number is ***** 8123. Machine opens ok no water inside but clothes were very wet when cycle stopped.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok got it now thanks for that.

As to the washer itself now if you turn the dial to say a spin cycle and close the door and press start will the door lock?

Do you get any F?? Error codes comming up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No and no.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its not starting and locking the door then this is either down to a faulty door lock or control board at the back.

To check you need to remove the top of the washer and then open the door and remove the screws holding the door lock on.

Then make sure its unplugged and reach down the front and pull the door lock up.

From there check the wiring block and make sure the wires havent burnt. If the wires are fine then you need a multi meter to test the door lock. Remve the wiring block and you will see 3 tags. Meter between them and you should get a contonuity reading between 2 of the tags. If you dont then the lock is faulty and will need to be replaced.

But if the door lock is fine then its going to be the main control board at the back at the bottom at fault here. In this case the board will need to be replaced and programmed up as they are sold blank so you really need Indesit to do this repair as they will program the board up with there laptop.

But check the door lock and wiring first as 7 out of 10 for this kind of fault were it wont start its the lock thats the issue .

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Looks like an engineers required.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries , If you dont have the test equipment then im afarid you will need an engineer to do this.

One option is Indesit direct as they do a fixed price repair so for £110 they will call out and fit what ever parts are needed so you know how much it will be. Plus if its the control board they will have to do it anyway as it needs to be programmed up.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.