Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an SXS Refrigerator with a "no-plumbimg" water and ice

Customer Question

I have an SXS Refrigerator with a "no-plumbimg" water and ice dispenser. I recently cleaned out the water tank and have refitted it properly, but now the system won't draw water through, so it won't dispense water or make ice. I can hear the pump going, but no water is getting through. Is there a way of priming the system?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you let me have the full model number please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LG GWL227HSYA

OK have now looked at the diagrams, when you start the pump can you see any change in the level of the water in the tank? If not you have an air lock in the system and you may have to run it for some time if you want to clear it. Secondly are the locking levers latched down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no change in the water level in the tank. I have run the pump for over two minutes with no success (and no change in pump tone). I don't have locking levers, I have a knob ("security switch") which you set to "open" to remove the tank and "close" when you have replaced the tank. It is set to "close".

OK if you take the pump out of the tank and put your finger over the suction end can you feel any suck effect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Running the pump for 2 minutes seems to have fixed it - water is coming through now. thanks.

OK just as I thought an airlock, excellent news.