Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Riccar 9900 sewing machine and the foot pedal

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Riccar 9900 sewing machine and the foot pedal has stopped working, the electrical supply is still functioning as the light still comes on but when the pedal is pressed the machine won't respond, the drive belts are all still intact so it doesn't seem to be a mechanical fault with the machine itself...I'm stuck, any ideas?! Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that,
how old is your sewing machine and also did it fail while using the machine or just wouldn't work one day when you tried it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, yes I was using it. It is old (about 30yrs) but is in very good condition and has been well looked after (oiled etc). It belonged to my mother and has served me perfectly thus far..Thanks for your help, Jennie

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jennie,
This basically as you might suspect a failed pedal unit.
If yours has a plug on it you can replace this yourself, but if not it might be best to have this done by a local shop.
Most vacuum cleaner repair shops also make repairs on sewing machines;-)
If your plug does plug into the sewing machine, you can get a replacement from here.
Please contact:Sewing Parts LTD
Return To
Jerry Fried & Co. Ltd
Saltmeadows Road
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
NE8 3BQ
Phone Number 07887505949
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Jennie and have a great Sunday.
Please rate kindly at this time ;-)
Tech Michael