KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

ZDC37100W TUMBLE DRIER. when switching on tumble it turns drum

Customer Question

ZDC37100W TUMBLE DRIER. when switching on tumble it turns drum for a bout three revolutions then stops and red light flashes and three beeps are heard. the drying cooling and end lights all come on green
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer.... flashing red and green lights indicate a error code...can you please count the number of red flashes and then the green flashes and let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok 2 mins

sure no problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the red light continues flashing and alarm goes every ten seconds

ok please do this .... unplug the appliance for few minutes, then plug it back and turn the knob to any programme except the first one towards the right...after this press and hold the start/pause button alongwith the button located to the left of it...while you keep them held in the lights will go off and then the start light will flash...now count the number of red and then the green flashes and let me know how many times each color flash.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

red 7 flashes green none

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

red light 7 flashes green light none

OK this error code E70 indicate problem with the heating circuit of the appliance, it can be the thermostat on the element is bad or the heating element has gone bad and will need replacement...a new one will cost around £65 + labor ... _____________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I will open it up and look

great, if you can please check it for continuity with a meter and let me know
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

the replacement heater thermostat has arrived and been fitted but it hasnt made any difference?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have fitted new parts as suggested to rectify fault but it hasnt made any difference.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me the product code please which will be in the door frame area, this is not the model number ~ Many thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
###-##-####03

OK I will try and get hold of the service manual but whilst I am doing this can you confirm that you checked continuity across both the thermostats and the heater element?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I fitted a new thermostat and heater combined you can feel it starting to get warm when the drier starts up but it only revolves around one turn then stops again

OK let me have a look and see what I can find ~ there is a temperature probe in the top of the facia that measures the cabinet temperature its part number is(###) ###-####however let me have a bit of time and I will get hold of the service manual and check the test procedure for this appliance and then we can go through the fault finding together ~ in the meantime put the old heater assembly back in place as likely there was nothing wrong with it in the first place ~ also ensure that the condenser is fully back in its housing as there is a switch back there inside that will cut the motor off too ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do

.
OK as I thought it is not the heater or thermostats it is one of the two NTC sensors ~ according to the manufacturers service manual. If you would now rate my service using the smiley faces below and add your email address substituting (at) for @ I will forward you the manual and then take you through replacement of this sensor when you have received it. ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Christ's668ataol.com

Be with you in a couple of minutes after you have rated my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I still havent had any joy with drier. The red light still flashes 7 times and the green 1?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Have you changed the ntc sensor yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes I have changed the sensor it hasnt made any difference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi any ideas what else could be the problem with drier?
.