George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Zanussi pyrolitic oven has developed a fault. The power

My Zanussi pyrolitic oven has developed a fault. The power in the kitchen was tripped by a faulty kettle earlier and now the oven door won't open and a message F102 comes up. I have tried switching off and on at consumer unit but still has fault.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** you please let me know the model number or the product code of the appliance from the data label on your documentation/handbook.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately because I can't open the door I can't see the label. I can't find any information about model number. It is a single electric oven. Fitted under worktop. Only has two knobs, left hand one selects mode (eg oven, grill fan etc) right hand one sets temperature. Digital LCD in centre.

What setting did you have the oven on when this happened?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The oven wasn't on when the power was tripped out, and only found the fault when I tried to switch it on. Switched on the oven at 150 and then found the door wouldn't open and after about 15 seconds the oven stopped heating and went to fault F102.

Are you sure it was heating in the first place... as the F102 fault code is a code used on many Zanussi ovens to indicate a faulty door lock.

Have you tried turning off the power at the Main Switch again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried that 3 times and each time the fault is still there. Wasn't sure if there was some magic reset button.

One moment... I am creating a document for you

Ok, this might not be exact, but this is common to a lot of Zanussi Pyro Ovens

Zanussi Pyro Door Lock

Let me know how you get on

--------------------------------------------
Remember to rate the assistance given to you today

Did you manage to find the hole that you need to undo the lock as per the instructions in the document?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, managed to undo door and reset by switching off and on at consumer unit. Unfortunately oven still doesn't work an error F102 comes back.

You need to change the lock.. Do you now have the Product code.. I can then get you the service instructions for your applaince and tell you which lock it is.. Don't keep trying it as you could break the control board.

---------------------------------------------
Can you please rate the assistance given so far
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model no: ZOP37902XK

Product no: ********* 05

Is this enough information?

Can you re-type that Product code and put a # ***** before it so that I can see the number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry.

#949718105-05

I now have the full service manual in order that you can identify where the lock is and where it plugs into.

I also have the Functional diagram that will allow you to trace and check the wiring.

And finally, the part number of the lock

Will supplying this information be satisfactory enough to allow you to rate the query with a positive rating?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clicked on excellent service and submit, but tells me access is denied. I hope you have received this rating.