Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a &D drill model no KR700CRE. I cannot release the

I have a B&D drill model no KR700CRE. I cannot release the drill bit from the chuck it just turns with out freeing the bit. have you any suggestions?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ this sometimes works but its a bit violent, take a can of WD40 and spray it into the bit area, down the sides of the jaws, then placing the drill on a table or block and whack the chuck with a hammer. If you cant release the jaws then sorry to say you will need to replace the jaw/chuck assembly. Ian