George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a TLX 6501 programmable thermostat which has been in

Customer Question

I have a TLX 6501 programmable thermostat which has been in use for 4 years. It has started to turn on and off, or at least clicking as if it is turning on and off, every few seconds and the only way I know of stopping it is to turn the temperature down below the prevailing room temperature. Do I need to replace it: if so where can I get the same model?
Viv Hansford
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Viv, my name is George.. Can you tell me; when the thermostat is clicking, does the boiler attempt to fire-up or the cemtral heating pump come on?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George

Yes the boiler does fire-up when the stat clicks and turns off again the next time it clicks.

Vic

Can you tell me if the TLX 6501 is hard wired or running on batteries.. and if it is running on batteries, have you tried removing them?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My TLX is running on batteries but the battery low icon is not showing

Ok, it is likely that you will need to change the unit... You can buy a new one at your local Plumbcenter, but before you do, please try changing the batteries in the unit.

---------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate the assistance given to you today & if you need further assistance, please feel free to ask

Hello Viv, it has been a few days since I asked you to try replacing the batteries before then going to Plumbcenter to have the TLX6501 replaced... how did you fair with this.. are you up and running now?

Please remember to rate the assistance given, this is the only way that benefits for assisting you are released to me.

George