Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just got an electric cooker and has electric grill too,

hi. just got an electric cooker and has electric grill too, one oven is gas and as an lcd clock display and electronic burner ignitors. can send you picture of label of oven and also the pic of my old electric box if you send me link. my question is after you have the pictures is can i just put a plug on it and put it in to an rcd plug then the rcb plug in to the socket even though i have this old box or is it very deathly or caurse damage. thankyou
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post a picture of the rating plate of the oven. You can use the tool bar above the box you write in and upload it on here.

And is it you want to know if you can run the cooker on just a 13amp plug top?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well im asking if i can constantly use it by putting it in an rcb then the rcb in the socket to the old electric box.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry im not sure what you are trying to do.

Is the cooker already hard wired into a socket spur?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thats what i want to know can i plug it in to a socket via an rcb plug so it trips that and not caurse damage to my pictured electric box

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thought thats what you wanted to do but just wanted to check.

Im afraid you cannot do this. As this cooker drawers upto 31 amps so it has to be hardwired into a cooker spur otherwise it will just melt the pulg as it will draw to much current when you use it. The RCD plug is only for earth faults for it to trip out. The current going through this will melt the pulg and power cable in the end so im afraid this has to be harwired to a 40 amp cooker spur im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

right get you. thankyou for that. i understand. i will get this box fully updated. i will release your fee now. regards kev

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries your very welcome and thanks for the payment as well.