Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Zanussi tumble dryer - water is not going into the tank when

Customer Question

Zanussi tumble dryer - water is not going into the tank when drying, not in condenser either.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the full product code or pnc from the rating label please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model ZDC8202P Prod no. ********* 00

Sorry the system has blocked the product code could you resent it preceding it with a # ***** #12345 etc. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this ok? #916097379 00

Yes that's fine, can you confirm that the back and inside the dryer gets hot and that the filters are clean and the condenser flushed out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, back & inside gets hot & condenser flushed out recently, about 2 days ago - clothes get dry.

OK leave it with me for an hour or so and I'll get the service manual out and have a look, it would seem but I would need to check that you have a problem with the pump pumping up the condensate to the tank, if so it will either be a blockage or the pump is defective ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - please email me when you have an answer & please email me on *****@******.***.

I will check my emails regularly.

Sandra

Could you let me have the email again Sandra but change the @ for (at) the computer can see you have sent me an email address and blanked it out. Many thanks ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is the email address:- lionel.burman(at)btinternet.com

Hope this helps, Sandra

OK I have the manual for this model but there are two versions, one using a heatpump system and one using a conventional condenser dryer system which whilst similar work slightly differently. Can you confirm which yours is ~ heatpump or conventional?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a condenser dryer system. I trust this helps.

I will have to log off now, & resume in the morning.

Thanks for your help so far, Sandra

OK I have the manual but just awaiting the arrival of the parts list, will come back to you as soon as possible
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you havew the parts list

Will have it in tonight just waiting for my college to come back from work ~ Ian

Look at the following diagram you should be able to see the two pipes at the back that feed water into the tank and also carry it back as an overflow to the condenser area. Items 450a & 450b Can you see those on the back of the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't think I can move the machine easily. However, I have just discovered that as it is still under guarantee I can have an engineer to call next week, so I think I will wait for the engineer.

Thanks for your involvement, Sandra

OK that's fine, if you need further help give me a call and thank you for update ~ Ian