Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Can you help, my hotpoint dishwasher door just won't close.

Hi can you help, my hotpoint dishwasher door just won't close. It was working ok I just reloaded it but it just won't close. I've being checking to see if anything is stopping it for closing but can't see any objection . Please can you help.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the full model # ***** age of your dishwasher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

5yrs old.. hotpoint Aquarius fdpf481

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bliss,
does your door have an electric door lock?
Or just a manual one?
And is the latch what seems to be causing the problem?
Anything bent on the door hinges or do they seem to open and close the door normally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

manual, its a front loading where I can pause and start again

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you can contact me anytime, just reply when you have time;-)
No additional cost for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, you have not yet given me an answer to the problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I thought you asked if you can continue later?
But anyway, I need to know where the door gets stuck and wont close, is the problem with the latch?
Does the latch seem to be stuck in the closed position? Not allowing the door to close fully and lock?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, No the door can open and shut. but it just wont fully shut, its like there something stopping it. but I can't see anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that Bliss,
this means the door lock assembly has failed.
This unit had a few that failed prematurely through no fault of yours.
Its easy to replace and I will assist you at no additional cost.
All you will need is the part, and some basic hand tools to make this repair.
The best place to get that door lock mechanism is: Espares Phone#: 0844 9777 888.
They are fast, reliable and cost efficient as well;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Bliss and have a great day!
Please rate my service to you kindly before closing this page.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, I lost my internet access earlier, however I really don't think it is a lock problem the door wont even close. its like there is something stopping it half way. anymore suggestion please.

thanks bliss

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi , are you saying that the door itself wont even make it to the close position?
If so then somehow the door hinges have gotten bent.
You really cant straighten them out properly once they bend its time to replace them unfortunately.
Its just as easy to replace them as well. And I will help with that.
Espares also carries them for you;-)
Please rate my service to you at this time, no additional cost to you for that.
Have a great evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, this cant be possible. the dish washer was in the middle of a wash and then the door just popped open.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi when you try to move the door up and down open and closed what does it feel like, is it binding somewhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, nothing bending. the door looks fine it goes up and down into the close position perfectly, but just wont shut tight. it is has if some form of object is stopping the door from shutting but I cant see anything.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bliss, please check to be sure nothing is in the way. Also that the door latch is in the open position so it would be able to accept the latch bar. If all is clear with the door and I do suspect now more than ever the door lock mech has simply failed.
It uses electronics to do this.
They are a common issue with this model.
I do believe that all you need is a new door lock mechanism. It is super easy to replace as well, I will help you when you have the part. Just reply to me then for that no additional cost if you rate my service at this time;-)
Thansk and have a great evening.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I will try to get the parts and get back to you at a later date. I will now do your rating. Goodbye for now. Bliss