Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a fagor cooling fridge in which we keep children's

Customer Question

We have a fagor cooling fridge in which we keep children's lunches at our nursery , It has started to defrost itself and is causing the lunch boxes to be damp and we cannot alter the temperature gauge .IT IS FAN ASSISTED
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you let me have the model and serial number please, it should be on the rating plate inside the fridge compartment ~ thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is nothing in the doors we have looked it is not a fridge as such but cooling with a fan no rating plate.

OK the next questions are going to be a bit general as I need to establish what sort of system this fridge uses ~ if you go around the back can you see a black thing bolted to the base with wires coming out of one side?? If so can you put your hand on it gently and tell me if it is warm or hot ~ once this is established can you look on the label stuck on the motor/compressor and tell me if it is using refrigerant R600a or R134a ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is impossible, it is fitted in to the kitchen unit and cannot be pulled out it was installed in 2010

OK somewhere inside the fridge there will be a label could be on left or right hand side or behind the salad draw that gives the model number, to be honest without the model number or someway of getting behind the appliance we are going to struggle to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry only just picked this up .It is NOT a fridge it is a built in food cooler with 2 metal shelves and is fan assisted .We are seeing tonight if tonight it stops defrosting itself and will get back to you tomorrow

OK that's fine, if you can get the model number I can dig out the specs for it and tell you what to do ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian will contact you tomorrow if i can find the number

OK that's fine have a great evening