Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Neff dishwasher - S5443X2GB/44 - it is 7 years

I have a Neff dishwasher -
S5443X2GB/44 - it is 7 years old and only used about 2 / month.
It stopped washing properly about a month ago and now no lights come on. Water seems to be travelling ok and nothing seems blocked. I am wondering if I have a problem with the circuit board.
When exposed the central part of this (white box) has a 3 pin bronze looking metal insert - the one close to the red / white wire looks a bit tarnished, no longer shiny and little coloured. It is also the pin closest to the light brown box. It seems like the control panel cannot give any commands???????
I'd appreciate any advice
Jenny
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ OK when you say that water is travelling could you be a bit more clear, do you mean than the water is going into the machine or that you can hear the pump working? Whilst you are doing this I will pull up the data on this machine ~~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well I removed the side panel and can see water flowing freely through the system. Sorry - I won't know any terminology for what anything is really called! So the electricity is on but no lights on the control panel at all. Plenty of swooshing of water when turned on, seems to be trying to drain and sounds the same all the time.

Also no water collecting at the base of the machine.

Jenny

OK can you tell me if you can see any water at all in the base below the electrical components?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no none

OK give me a minute, I just need to check on something, can you see a label or number on the pcb that you can give me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the pcb is the printed circuit board? then this number is ***** on it

49004.10.03

Also, there iare numbers after BSH, PRG and AKO?

If you could give me those that would also be helpful, Im just checking if the board can be repaired if faulty and need the added information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes BSH 5600.058.725 typ J

PRG 90 266-02

AKO 546 421-04

graphic does it look like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh maybe getting too technical for me now........Is that picture the inside of the circuit board ie inside the pale brown box? I''ve opened that and to be honest it looks nothing like your picture.

OK this is the one inside the box ~ perhaps you are looking at the reverse side of the pcb ? The part number you gave me 546 421 lists that in the picture as being the fitted board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The pcb I have removed and it is a closed light brown box. When I opened it, it is essentially a sea of green. The picture you sent - is it what you think the inside of my pcb looks like? I can't see the reverse as the board it self doen't seem to come out fully of the brown casing.......Or maybe it does and I am looking at the back of the board???? Oh dear!

Forget the green its just the colour of the board itself and has no bearing on the operation. ~~ lets move away from this bit for a moment, you must have taken the door off to get at the board? What you will see is wires coming up from underneath the appliance inside the inner and outer door frame and then to the pcb. With the power off you need to check that all the wires are intact and solid as the up and down motion as you open and close the door can cause the metal cables to break. Check these and see if you can find a break anywhere, it only needs one wire ~ Ian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just a wuick note on the board - you were of course correct I was looking at the reverse! It looks exactly like your picture and looks clean, no charring, burns or marks.

Wrt to the wires - all seem in tact. I have the integrated door off and the side panel as well - none broken or disconnected

OK well you need to check the cables and then if they are sound I would suggest its the pcb. Once the cables are confirmed as good you have three options ~~

a. Buy a new pcb which will cost you about £159

b. Get your own board repaired which will cost about £56 with a years warrant

c. Phone Neff and get them to set up a service contract which will cost about £14 a month and will include parts and labour.

If you decide you want the board repaired let me know and I'll link you up with the refurbishment company.

Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job on the system whilst letting you ask further questions on a free of charge basis. Thanks for the question.

Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is there a refurbishment company in Ireland or maybe give me the address anyway. If its not the board - it would still cost £56 to assess the board? I suppose there is no way to know for sure if its the board?

Jenny

The system is that you can send the board and if they cant repair it they will only charge you £4.50 that way you know one way or the other, if they can repair it you get it back for £56 with a years warranty. The refurbishment company is based in the UK but ship worldwide and will take credit card payments ~ Ian
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - can you give me the address in the UK for repair of the circuit board?

Jenny

Go to this site ~~ http://www.qer.biz/servReps.htm ~~

a. select ~ Search for part etc

b. enter pcb number (at top) 546421 then hit Go

c. go to non trade - book repair

d. select the delivery method you want and pay

e job done !!

Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job on the system but lets you ask further questions free of charge if required. Hope everything works out for You and thanks for using JA. Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.