Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Morphy Richards steam iron model No40701 not heating I have

Customer Question

Morphy Richards steam iron model No40701 not heating I have checked the fuse in the plug & it shows OK on the continuity tester.What next
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ OK a couple of questions, how old is it as its covered by a two year warranty and can you use tools and a multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 5yrs old & I can use tools& simple electrics

OK I have just had a look on the spares website for this model which is listed as obsolete with only two parts available. We can carry out the fault findling if you want but if we find that its a thermostat or soleplate that is faulty you may not be able to get a replacement and it may cost more than the value of the steam iron. Do you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand completely take it to the recycle site & buy a new one.But I feel that the charge of £20.00 for telling me something from the Spares site which I had found for myself is exorbitant & not Knowledge based by an expert.

I did not say that and I am happy to go through the fault finding procedure for you and establish what is wrong with the iron. However, I have nothing to do with the charges levied by the US parent company that is between you and customer care. I can only give you my 25 years of experience of repairing appliances. If you would like to continue we can do this, if not then customer care is the route for a refund ~ Ian