George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My bosch washer/dryer has stopped working, it is on the same

Customer Question

my bosch washer/dryer has stopped working, it is on the same cycle, the childlock icon is flashing and the start button bleeps when pressed,but does not start its washing cycle. I was advised to change the door assembly, which I have but has not made a difference. It just seems that it is stuck in one wash position and I cant change or override it to another, please could you give me an idea as what could be the problem as I really need to get it repaired.
thanks
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Press and hold the time button till the machine unlocks.
The childproof lock can only be deactivated if the same program it was on when activated is selected.
If you don't know which program it was on, you'll need to try deactivating on every program till it goes off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been through all the programmes trying to deactivate the childlock as you advised, but this has not worked...please advise what to do next .

What have you done so far? Have you unplugged it for at least 30 minutes? Did it stop in between cycles? Are you able to open and close the door? Sorry that didn't work. I will be going offline so I will opt out and open to other experts. If there has not been a response when I am back online I will certainly respond then. I do not want to delay you getting the information you seek.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you give me the Enr/Model that we are discussing. Since the inside of the door cannot be accessed you will need to get this from the rear of the appliance or from the handbook.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.