Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a eurokera hob over a caple oven. The operating instruction

I have a eurokera hob over a caple oven. The operating instruction leaflet doesn't give any other information on make or number other than COD 208058 08.09.2005. The hob is black ceramic controlled by knobs in the middle right hand side. It has 4 rings 1 small and 1 large at the back and front. One by one they would not work on the lowest setting but were able to control themselves on higher settings. This makes it impossible to simmer. We had it installed in 2008 by a firm of kitchen designers now out of business. Is this a caple make or do you know of any engineer near Chelmsford Essex or CM1 2TN who can fix it? Would it be better to replace it with a new hob as it would be uneconomic to repair?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ Eurokera is the name of the ceramic top glass manufacturer not the appliance. Can you get underneath the hob by taking out the oven, stuck on its base should be a label indicating the manufacturer. Regarding the problem of always being on high, this is usually due to the energy regulators failing, as these are made by specialist control companies once identified these should be easy to source ~ Ian