Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Sharp microwave oven R 85STM 900W (IEC 60705) purchased Dec.

Sharp microwave oven R 85STM 900W (IEC 60705) purchased Dec. 2005 After placing a med. sized iron casserole dish full of ingredients in the oven for 99 mins. on the convection oven mode, the turntable will not turn properly when oven used in any mode. Can it be mended do you think as I miss it very much? It is the first time such a container has been used in this appliance. It starts to turn sometimes but can't manage it. It is a great oven. Is this nodel, or similar. still available please?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, yes you can fix this;-)
The turntable motor has been damaged, likely due to the weight it was carrying.
If you are handy and have a few basic hand tools you can do this yourself for a lot less than having a service tech come out and fix it.
Let me know on that, if you need a tech, also let me know and I will provide a good one you can contact to make the repair.
But the best place to get the turntable motor is: http://www.4sharp.co.uk/
Its best to call them for this part: 0844 55 72 510
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed.
Once you have the motor let me know and I will assist you no additional cost;-)
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

In support of Michael who is based in the USA and perhaps doesn't have the same access to UK suppliers as I do, this part is available from Wizard Distributors at a cost of £20.83, which is a fraction of the cost of the supplier Michael has provided you with.